Saturday, October 31, 2009

If I lose weight will I have a smaller shoe size?

A couple of years ago, I wore a size 7 shoe, now I am 7 1/2 and can wear some 8.
Answer:
Generally, the answer is NO.That said, if you were severely overweight and/or had a lot of water retention, then your feet may have swollen and forced you into a larger size or a wider shoe.Otherwise your feet do not normally get fat and they do not grow longer, meaning you will wear the same size shoe for most of your adult life. Two small qualificationsYour feet may become wider, and there are several causes for this, and the second happens over a long time: toes are unlike other bones in your body, and they do not stop growing so when you reach senior years you may find you need a size larger.
i do not think so
NO! whats wrong with a 7 1/2 - 8? i wear a 9 1/2- 10! lol...
very interesting question. I don't think it's the length that grows it's probably the width that allows you to wear bigger shoe sizes as your body weight changes.
probably not but your feet may slim up a bit.
HI. No, you won't. if you are done growing , your shoe size (foot size) will always stay the same. it doesn't have anything to do with loosing weight.
It is possible that less pressure on your feet could allow you to wear a smaller shoe.
Feet are mostly bone and muscle, it's VERY hard to get fat feet.If you're wearing a 7 1/2-8 now it's probably because you've grown. Losing weight will, 99% of the time, NOT make you have smaller feet. Just get used to it, some of us woman have some pretty big tootsies.
I have always wondered that same thing! I guess if you have fat feet it could make your feet wider therefore needing to get 7 1/2 Wide vs just a 7 1/2. But I wanna say that it can make you have a bigger shoe size. Have you changed brands? Or do your old shoes you had for years not fit you anymore? The more you loose weight the slimmer your feet will be right?
how old are you? Are you sure you aren't still growing? If a person is quite obese, and they lose weight...then yes, they may have to get smaller shoes...but the length of your foot doesn't get smaller.
yes, both my father and I lost significant amounts of weight and had to buy smaller shoes.
you have a point - it's happened to me a couple of times - not sure how it happens, or what it is that happens, but i've gone from a 9 to a 9 1/2 to now a 10 - and it does correlate with my weight gain...i did lose some weight awhile ago, and my shoe size did go down - weird, huh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


I would like to © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net