Saturday, October 31, 2009

If i eat breakfast for a month, will i lose weight?

i'm not in the habit of eating breakfast. it makes me feel queasy. but my bf said that if i eat breakfast, it will speed up my metabolism and i will lose weight. i go boxing 3x a week, eat lunch and dinner at generally the same time everyday. if i eat breakfast, won't i gain weight? bec i'll be eating more calories?oh and i usually eat after i go boxing
Answer:
You need to eat breakfeast. It's the most important meal of the day. When you sleep, your body goes into starvation mode. So when you wake up, the first thing your body wants is food. If you don't eat, your body thinks it's being starved, so instead of burning the rest of the food you eat during the day, it will store it. So your boyfriend is correct: eating breafeast speeds up your metabolism and helps you burn food faster. You're feeling quesy because you aren't used to it. I had the same problem. Start with small meals and work yourself up to bigger ones. Soon, you will be craving breakfeast and wake up hungry for it. It's a great feeling!In a study done, they found that people who eat breakfeast lose more weight and are in geneal more healthy than those who don't.As for calories, it doesn't matter how many meals a day you eat or when,but what you are eating. As long as you eat within your calorie range (for losing weight), you are fine. Divide up your meals throughout the day. So if you tend to eat very big lunches, reduce your lunch and use some of those calories for breakfeast. Keep in mind that breakeast alone wont make you lose weight. It will definitley help, but you need to have a balanced diet and exercise (which is seems you do). It's all about burning more calories than consuming. Keep in mind it takes 3500 calories in 1 week to lose 1 lb. So as long as you have an excess of that many calories in a week, you will lose weight. Losing more than 2 lbs a week is not healthy.Good luck!
you need a balanced diet with all food groups, only then will you lose weight, too muchor notenough of one thing will make you lose weight too fast or loose weight not enough, also try and increase the amount of excercise you do
Well, if you have a low-fat breakfast (special k for instance), it should kickstart your metabolism and you should, in theory, burn off more fat. Having said that, everyone is different, and it might not work for you.
Depends on what you eat on breakfast and what you eat afterwards...
well considering the fact that breakfast is the most important meal of the day it should help. breakfast is what gets your metabolism going, which should ultimately help you lose weight.
you should eat between 4-5 smaller meals a day. so if you add breakfast in, you should make the other meals smaller. but it will help your metabolism. its highest in the mornings and tapers off during the day, in fact dinner should be one of the smaller meals. check out sparkpeople.com, i bet it could really help you out, you might actually be consuming too few calories and thus sending your body into starvation mode where it holds on to every calorie it gets, not knowing when its going to get nutriants.
eat breakfast speeds up your metablism. Which burns more calories meaning there is a chance you will loose weight. It may take more than a month..and it may take less..it is up to the individual person's body. It also depends on what you at breakfast and what you eat during the day..
Eating a small meal within the first 30 min of waking does give your metabolism a boost. Eat breaskfast because it makes you feel not as hungry when lunch rolls around. Sometimes people make poor health decisions when they are ravenous by eating the worst foods (who hasn't wolfed down two cheeseburgers and then regretted it?) Food is energy! Just eat the right foods and don't skip meals!
you can always boost your metabolism with eating more meals during the day...make the meals small, but eat like 5 to 6 times a day.Just dont eat big meals, always stay with 300-400 calorie meals and you will do fine...And yes, if you boost your metabolism, then you will burn more calories - and lose weight if you stay in your calories
you have to eat the right kind of breakfast to lose weight. My mother eats a little bit of protein, Like a piece of cheese with a piece of fruit to get her bodys metabolism up but without eathing a carb like toast or a sugary breakfast like most cereals. If you can eat something healthy or even a good breakfast bar or smoothie, it will help your metabolism in the long run. The only problem is you will still have to watch what you eat the rest of the day, because if your metabolism is up, you will feel more hungry more often too. Good luck.
I wanted to lose weight but I wanted to make sure I was going to do it in a very healthy manor. I didn't want to deprive my body of any nutrition it needed so I did a little researcha nd this program is what I came up with! Before, I was tired and I got migraines one to two times a week at least. I was also wanting to lose about 20 pounds! After the very first day on the products, my energy skyrocketed, I had more control over my appetite and cravings and I just felt good all over! After being on the products for a while now, I have complete and total control over my appetite and cravings, I have tons of energy, and I have not had but one migraine in the last 3 weeks! The best part is I have lost 13 inches and 10 pounds in the last 3 weeks and I did all of it without being hungry. I feel amazing and I have recommended these products to my personal friends and family. You will feel better and you will be happier because of it! I wish you the best of luck no matter what you decide! If you would like to know more ab;out what I have done then you can check out this site and get a free sample pack to try!http://www.ksultimatenutrition...
i've read everywhere that those who eat breakfast tend to weight less than those who dont - so it must have an effect. by eating breakfast it will probably reduce how much you consume later on in the day because you wont have the urge to eat as much. therfore you'll probably actually end up eating calories. if your really conscious about calories, there are some really healthy ones with only about 100 cal. per serving. a really good one that I like is Kellogs special K. its made for people concearned about their weight. another thing you might consider is eating several (up to 6) small meals a day. It gives you metabolism an extreme boost!! good luck!
BREAKFAST IS THE MOST IMPORTANT MEAL OF THE DAY AND IF YOU DO EAT BREAKFAST YOU WONT BE SO HUNGRY WHEN LUNCH COMES AROUND AND YOU CAN FOCUS ALOT BETTER ON BOXING ... THE REASON YOU FEEL QUEASY IS BECAUSE YOU ARE NOT USE TO IT .. I BET IF YOU GET INTO EATING BREAKFAST EVEN IF ITS JUST A BISSCUIT AND A DRINK OF ORANGE JUICE THAT WILL PROBALLY HELP ... I NEVER WAS A BREAKFAST PERSON IN HIGHSCHOOL AND NEVER COULD UNDERSTOOD WHY I WAS SO TIERD BUT AS I GOT OLDER I STARTED TO EAT BREAKFAST AND LET ME TELL YOU I FEEL SO MUCH BETTER ABOUT MYSELF BECAUSE I GOT MORE ENERGY TO BURN
As I wasalways told when I was growing up ... breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Breakfast does help speed up/maintain your metabolism. If you are boxing in the morning and eating afterwards, that's probably good. But if you are not boxing 'til lunch or dinner time, you should consider breakfast. It doesn't have to be much -- a banana, a thing of yogurt, a granola bar. I understand the queasiness thing ... I have the same problem. Don't eat immediately after waking up. Wait 30-45 minutes. And maybe start out with just yogurt or a glass of milk. Depending on what you are eating for lunch, and what you have for breakfast, maybe just reduce the amount you eat at lunch by a little bit ... 1/2 a sandwich with chips, instead of a whole sandwich with chips.
I am a vegetarian too...not so much into the tofu or eggs. I work out five times a week. I eat breakfast typically its just a protein bar. I eat every 2 to four hours, they are small meals. That is how your metabolismm will increase and by staying active as well. Your body is probably use to the calorie intake and you probably not gaining or losing any weight.but adding in breakfast will help with your diet and may increase your metabolis not by much though. Eating a little more frequent will increase it. It sounds as if you would actually gain weight, but total opposite. Your digestive tract is constantly working to digest the food and the fact your active will help with metabolize too.
Hey! i know i got the same feeling about Breakfast, but breakfast is the most important food time to eat. If you eat breakfast you will eat less during the day and you have way more energy! And being a vegetarian is even better, you will eat all those healthy whole grain stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


I would like to © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net