Sunday, October 25, 2009

If i am 13, what strategies can i work on if i want to lose weight because my bmi is 24.9?

iv'e gained weight in about 3 months and you can see that my face has gotten cubbier
Answer:
I also have a daughter who is going thru the same. The one thing I can tell you as a mom is that it doesn't matter what you look like, we still love our children. However, there are things you can do on your own: check what you are eating (specially what you eat during lunch at school). Try to pack your own lunch with healthier food. Eat lots of veggies and fruits and drink lots of water. You may also want to try to increase your activities now that the weather is getting nicer. Maybe go for a walk, go swimming and keep active. Remember, you are beautiful for who you are, not what others perceive as beautiful (those magazines pictures are 99% of the times airbrushed to make women look thinner and prettier). I hope that helps.
If you're 13, you're still growing and don't really need to worry about your BMI, but if you really want to, try joining a gym or just taking walks. It's calming and good exercise.
excercise
Talk to your parents and doctor. It's not safe to seek advice here.
Well, you can work really hard in pe,
and sut down on chips or w/e you eat alot of
Just things like cutting out about two hundred cals a day could make you thinner.
but eat healthy, it's that simple
Running and exercises is probably the best way to lose weight. You should also eat healthier foods. Another way to lose weight easy is to sweat it out either by exercising or relaxing in a sauna.
float in water all day long
I remember when I was 13. I wasn't just chubby, I was round. Then I grew and got taller and thinned out. I also got involved in sports. Don't rush losing weight because you are still young. But make sure you are doing some kind of exercise. Sports is the best way to go. Basketball or track, or my sport...VOLLEYBALL! I also drank a lot of water, especially when I went to bed. Don't stress over it so much, things will get better.:)
Holy fizzle!I'm 13 to but my BMI is like 21.Try to stop eating sweets, eat in serving sizes. run a mile a day (4 times around the track) I know it's hard but you have to try or you will most likely be overweight for the rest of your life.
As you're only 13 you're still getting taller. I think the best way to go about it is to try to maintain your weight, and as you get taller, you'll look skinnier!
Try cutting down on high-fat and high sugar foods (chips, coke, etc). Just make sure you don't cut them out completely, or you might binge.
Also, try to add some exercise, something fun, maybe with friends. A team sport, or even going for a walk around the neighbourhood with friends and gossiping!
find calorie/fitness calculator on the net, enter all your stats and it will tell you how many calories you need a day to maintain, take off 300-400cal off that number and thats how much you need to lose.
eat 5-6 small meals a day (eat every 2-3 hours)
5-8 servings of fruit and veggies a day
8 glasses of water
have complex carbs for breakfast - they give you energy
have lean meat (protein) for dinner - repairs muscle
cardio exercise 4-6 times a week for 30-50min, light weight training
dont consume foods that are made of white flour (white bread, cakes, past etc.), sugar loaded foods (cookies, icecream, candy etc) and nothing fried, oily.
ofcourse you can spoil yourself once in a while with a little treat:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


I would like to © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net