Tuesday, May 25, 2010

If I walk 2 miles a day, plus 100 crunches a day..?

Will I lose weight? I am still sick, but next week I should be better. Will this help me lose weight?I am following an excercise video, by the way.
Answer:
If you watch what you eat, yes. You should lose a pound or two a week. Good Luck!
You could walk 100 miles a day, but if you eat Burger King 5 times a say, the walking won't help much.
Walking is good, but you have to control your diet. The fewer the calories you take in, then better off you will be.
Yes, but you are taking that to the extreme. But yes you will lose weight.
That depends - if you eat more calories than you burn, you will gain weight. If you burn more calories than you consume, you'll lose weight. Walking 2 miles for an average 150lb person probably burns in the neighborhood of 150 calories. 100 crunches will yield a relatively insignificant caloric deficit, but they'll help your overall health (abs are very important for posture, relieving back pain, etc.). It will definitely HELP you lose weight, but it's entirely dependant on your diet.
The cleaner you eat, the less you need to workout. If you can consistently walk 2 miles a day, you are doing well. Walking is, bar none, the best exercise. If you stick to it, chances are you will become a more health conscious person, and this leads to a "beautiful circle" of health, as opposed to a vicious circle of dieting/working out/giving up. I see my Amish neighbors, who eat a notoriously high fat, high sugar diet stay lean just because they constantly walk. Keep at it...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


I would like to © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net